What does it mean to be “in relationship with”? What does “relational” mean? Why are these questions important for our collaborative work?
In this virtual office hour, John Kania and Juanita Zerda (Collective Change Lab), coauthors of the recent SSIR article, “The Relational Work of Systems Change,” answer questions and share specific practices to support ways to build deeper and stronger relational collective work.
This virtual office hour was held on May 24, 2022.
Resources referenced during this discussion and in the audience chat included:
- Collective Change Lab
- The Relational Work of Systems Change (Stanford Social Innovation Review)
- United for Brownsville (Collective Change Lab)
- Means and Ends (Interactive Institute for Social Change)
- Asset-Based Community Development Toolkit (Asset-Based Community Development Institute)
- Rebecca Woodland on Evaluating Organizational Collaboration (AEA 365)
- Patient Trust by Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, SJ
- Collective Impact, 10 Years Later (SSIR Online Series)
View Sessions in this Series
- Transformational Change with John Kania and Juanita Zerda of Collective Change Lab (Podcast)
- Shifting How We Work to Reach Transformational Change (Webinar)
- Shifting Mental Models to Advance Systems Change (Webinar)
- Facilitating Intentional Group Learning (Toolkit)
- 10 Dangers to Collective Impact (Article)
- How to Build Consensus for Collaboration (Webinar)