In this webinar discussion, we talk with Dominique Samari and Paul Schmitz, who developed the Racial Equity Toolkit, which is available to download for free from the Collective Impact Forum resource library.
The Racial Equity Toolkit is designed to support backbone staff and partners to operationalize racial equity throughout their collective impact work. Through a mix of personal reflection exercises, conversations, and activities, this toolkit helps teams explore how centering racial equity can advance their strategies, build understanding, strengthen relationships, and support in reaching their collective goals.
In this webinar discussion, we talked about what’s in the toolkit, the ways that teams can explore it to advance their own work. and also answered attendees’ questions about the toolkit.
This session was held on April 18, 2023.
- Dominique Samari, Co-Founder and Principal, P3 Development Group
- Paul Schmitz, Senior Advisor, Collective Impact Forum, and CEO, Leading Inside Out
Resources referenced during this discussion and shared by attendees in the chat included:
- Resource: Racial Equity Toolkit
- Podcast: Exploring How to Use the New Racial Equity Toolkit
- Centering Equity in Collective Impact
- The Water of Systems Change
- Community Engagement Toolkit
- Targeted Universalism
- The First Nations Principles of OCAP – Data Stewardship through an Indigenous lens
- The Revolution Will Not Be Funded: Beyond the Non-Profit Industrial Complex by INCITE!
- The Art of Gathering by Priya Parker
- Winners Take All by Anand Giridharada
- Making Meetings Work
- National Equity Project
- The Four Pivots by Shawn Ginwright
- Kin Universe
- Accountability Pathway
- White Benevolence: Racism and Colonial Violence in the Helping Professions, Edited by Amanda Gebhard, Sheelah McLean, and Verna St. Denis
- White Saviorism in International Development: Theories, Practices and Lived Experiences, by:Themrise Khan, Kanakulya Dickson and Maïka Sondarjee