In this roundtable discussion, we continue discussing community questions about how to support anti-racism within our work, and specifically diving into how to host hard conversations when everyone is gathering virtually, and what to consider when the focus of your work feels “neutral”, and separate from race and racial equity.
Featuring Sheri Brady, Jennifer Splansky Juster, Paul Schmitz, Tracy Timmons-Gray, and Junious Williams.
Resources and Footnotes
- Resource: Covid, Race, and the Revolution from PolicyLink
- Blog: Have nonprofit and philanthropy become the “white moderate” that Dr. King warned us about? by Vu Le (Nonprofit AF)
- Book: Dying of Whiteness by Jonathan M. Metzl
- Opinion: Together, You can Redeem the Soul of the Nation by John Lewis
- Video: Congressman John Lewis’ Funeral Service In Georgia (TIME)
- Podcast: Allies and Co-Conspirators: Stepping up to support Anti-Racism (Collective Impact Forum)
- Blog: 116 Organizations Driving Change by MacKenzie Scott
The Intro music, entitled “Running,” was composed by Rafael Krux, and can be found here and is licensed under CC: By 4.0. The outro music, entitled “Deliberate Thought,” was composed by Kevin Macleod. Licensed under CC: By.
More on Collective Impact approach to collaborate for social change: