In this roundtable discussion, we address some questions from Forum community members about how to support anti-racism work, and specifically exploring the question of what does it mean to be an ally to others, and how to use one’s own privilege to forward anti-racism efforts. Featuring Robert Albright, Sheri Brady, Jennifer Splansky Juster, Paul Schmitz, Tracy Timmons-Gray, and Junious Williams.
Ways to Listen: Stream this episode below. You can also listen via Itunes, Spotify, Simplecast, Sticher, iHeartRadio, and other podcast apps.
Resources and Footnotes
- Blog; Beyond Seats at the Table: Equity, Inclusion, and Collective Impact – Video and Transcript
- Book: Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World by Anand Giridharadas
- TV: United Shades of America with W. Kamau Bell – Season 4, Ep. 2: Not All White People.
The Intro music, entitled “Running,” was composed by Rafael Krux, and can be found here and is licensed under CC: By 4.0. The outro music, entitled “Deliberate Thought,” was composed by Kevin Macleod. Licensed under CC: By.
More on Collective Impact approach to collaborate for social change:
- Infographic: What is Collective Impact?
- Resource List: Getting Started in Collective Impact
Listen to Past Episodes: Listen to past episodes in the Forum resource library. You can also listen and subscribe via Itunes, Spotify, Simplecast, Sticher, iHeartRadio, and other podcast apps.