Join us as we go virtual this May 6-8 for the 2020 Collective Impact Convening.
Spanning three days and featuring over 35 online sessions, including plenary talks, tool sessions, and case studies, the 2020 Convening will share lessons learned from across the social change field, including deep dives into systems change, embedding equity practices, and the evolving impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on our work and lives.
And if you’re wondering, “That sounds cool, but I can’t make the time to join a conference, even an online one.” No worries. We’re recording many of the sessions, so you can join what works for your schedule, and watch what you want later.
Interested in seeing what’s happening at this year’s virtual convening? Check out the full 2020 Convening agenda.
Highlights of the VIRTUAL 2020 Collective Impact Convening include:
Existing in-person sessions adapted for virtual engagement
Easy Access to the Virtual Platform: We will be using Zoom webinar and meetings for this virtual convening. We have the platform infrastructure ready to go. So, all you will need to do is show up to participate as if for any webinar or online meeting. Our team will also provide a training on how to use Zoom before the event, in order to ensure everyone has the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the platform prior to May 6.
- Recordings: One bonus for going virtual is that we can now record many of the virtual sessions. We will be making recordings available soon after the event for attendees to view/download.
Please read more about our updated registration fees for the virtual event and updated refund policies on the registration & fees page.
2020 Program Highlights
Highlights of the 2020 Collective Impact Convening include:
Plenary speakers Becky Margiotta (Billons Institute), Trabian Shorters (BMe Community), and a special performance and discussion on identity and personal narrative with Penumbra Theatre
Case studies, how-to sessions, short talks, and tool sessions on topics such as community engagement, use of data, mental models, narrative change, policy change, building relationships, and systems change
- Opportunity to virtually interact with a diverse audience of collective impact backbone leaders, funders, and community partners from across the United States and around the world
Read more about the convening on the agenda, registration, and sponsor pages included on our convening website.
We know these are changing times, and you may have been looking forward to joining in-person. We hope you will join us for this new virtual convening where we can share together what the field is learning on cross-sector collaboration and more.
Perspectives from Previous Convening Attendees
Here are a few testimonials from prior convening attendees:
- “The breadth of content and expertise present at the convening was breathtaking. So much rich info!”
- “This was by far the best conference I have ever been to. Amazing content and speakers.”
- “A really inspiring mix of practice and thought leadership.”
- “Such an amazing collection of people, leaders and vision. Being exposed forced critical thinking and self-reflection that I couldn’t have found elsewhere.”
- “I met people doing similar work that gave me new ideas. It was inspiring, and I left with resources to assist and enlighten me.”
Have questions? For more information about the 2020 Collective Impact Convening, please contact the Collective Impact Forum’s Robert Albright.